October 26, 2012

First Quilt

Way back in the early 2000's, my family got together and gave me (and my sister) a sewing machine for Christmas.  It took a year or two, but I eventually found quilting - and I LOVE quilting.  I pulled out a few of my VERY old photos, and found my first ever sewing project.

This is a small lap quilt (4' x 3') that I had NO idea how to put together.  I had no pattern and no directions.  I gave it my best go, and it turned out alright!  I figured a bunch of squares would be easy to put together - I was wrong.  Lining up a bunch of corners - especially before finding out about rotary cutters - is really difficult.

But here you are, my first quilt, from 2004:

And the back was plain maroon flannel - the photo is terrible, sorry:

1 comment:

  1. It turned out fantastic for your first quilt. By the way speaking of quilts. I'm heading to the quilt show next weekend. Are you coming this year?

    ReplyDelete