September 13, 2011

T-shirt Quilt

Before heading home for my sister's wedding (in just a few weeks!), I was hoping I'd have this t-shirt quilt done so I wouldn't have to ship it later.  This is the second t-shirt quilt I've done...the first one was for my sister several years ago, and I'll show you that one another day.  

So, I stepped out of my comfort zone and used a terry cloth backing.  I know what you're thinking....terry cloth?  BATHTOWELS?  Yep.  I promised myself about a year ago that I'd try new and different things....and this was one of 'em.  I'm happy with the off-green color I chose (cuz really, it's hard to match something to all those different color t-shirts and not go with white....but white gets real dirty real fast, especially for a college kid).  The terry cloth isn't a great pick though...next time I'll use flannel, I think.  But, I am glad I tried it.




You know, the fabulous thing about having your 3 year old take the pictures of your latest project is that she has no preconceived notions about how to take those pictures.  I LOVE the funky angles she used - right??


1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I've been wanting to try a t-shirt quilt forever. Tell your little gal she did a great job taking pictures too.

    ReplyDelete