February 19, 2012

New Curtains

Imagine my surprise when my daughter (holder of the largest bedroom in the house - fully decked out with toys, mind you) informed me that she preferred her brother's room.  After my initial surprise, I thought to ask her why.

She wanted her room to be darker, like her brother's.

Aaaaah, darker I can do!  Off we went to shop in my fabric supply.  I didn't have enough of any one (interesting) fabric to make a whole curtain panel, so we went 'patchwork-y'.  She loves them!

We did pick up some curtain lining at JoAnn's - who knew that stuff was only $6/yard!  Add your coupon and I got my two yards for only $6.  Nice!

Now her room is officially as dark as her brother's.  Even if it is a bit much...

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised as well when I found out the black out material was so reasonable. It is awesome when you can get their room that dark especially in the summer time.

    ReplyDelete