June 1, 2011

Alterations

This week I put away my 'fun' projects and pulled out a pile of clothes I've been meaning to alter.  This is a new skill for me (part of my 'no fear' mantra) - so there is definitely a lot of trial and error going on!


A grey long sleeve shirt for myself I needed to take in (note to self - do not zigzag 'finish' the edges on knit.  it pulls the fabric and gives it a bit of a wave), a pair of jeans to take in, a new summer dress from Target to take in at the top, and I figured while I was at it I might as well cut the sleeves off a few of the little man's winter t's since they surely won't fit him by the time winter rolls around again (instant tank tops!).  The sweet hot pink number on top of my sewing machine is a hand me down dress that I need to take in - and wow is she pretty!  So glad my sister decided to give her up!

That's what I'm up to!  What are you up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment