June 15, 2011

Treasure Bags


Amazing, isn't it, how you can have a huge list of craft things 'TO DO', and yet - stuff slips in.  Am I right?

Like these hobo sacks. 


I followed these instructions from the fabulous Dana over at MADE.  MADE is one of my favorite blogs, partly because Dana does so many 'boy' tutorials.  There are tons of great ideas out there for girls, but boys tend to get the short end of the stick.  Not true on Dana's blog.  Love, love, love her.

These bags were pretty easy to sew together during naptime.  Although, I will say, I H-A-T-E sewing brocade.  HATE it.  It's slippy and unwravels like crazy.  I LOATHE the stuff.  And I swear it multiplies in my stash because I never seem to get to the end of it, although I don't buy the stuff.  EVER.

Anyhoo, the reason why I just HAD to make these is due, in part, to a recent trip to Party City.  Ever been to Party City?  That place is super duper fun!  I found a giant bag of "gold doubloons" (anybody watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates on Disney?).  I know they're bound to buy me several minutes of cooperation during our hours in the car this summer.

Hence, TREASURE BAGS!


Instead of two open-ended strings around the top of the bag like Dana's tutorial calls for, I made it one string, sewn together in a loop.  I figured I'd be rethreading those babies all the time if they could come out.


I kinda feel like I should make myself one.  They look like fun, no?


Now, back to my 'to-do' list!

No comments:

Post a Comment