June 13, 2011

Raspberry Pie

Oooooh, Raspberry Pie you delicious creature, you....
Today we shall have you for Breakfast....


for Lunch....



AND for Dinner....


How I love thee.

If you have ever had a raspberry pie from the grocery store....this is NOTHING like that.  You need the real, fresh (or unsweetened frozen) raspberries.  It's sweet, and tart...basically if you like lemonaid, you'll like this.

Use whatever pie crust you like.  I think I have an old recipe from Betty Crocker.  You need the kind you have to bake with the pie.  I also hear you can purchase these crusts at the grocery store - but I'm a bit of a pie crust purist and haven't tried that yet.

Filling:
- 1 Quart Raspberries (I actually have no idea how many raspberries I use...I just fill up the pie mold)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 Cup Flour (depending on how 'runny' your berries are)

Bake a 400 degrees F for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbling through the vents (approx 45 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment