June 20, 2011

Stupid pins

With Daddy out of town on business last week, I spent a lot of time in the evenings sewing.  And pinning.  Lots and lots of pins.


I can assure you that I almost never pin anything.  Honestly.  Because really, I don't get the point.  I pin stuff together, and then as I sew it slides around anyways and all the pins do is make me mad at how far off my seams are getting.  It's not like they help me.  Stupid pins.

However, I do firmly believe in pins when sewing gathers.  A little extra fold in the gathers ain't no big thang.  Hence, no problem how far off you get from where you're supposed to be by the next pin.  Pins and I make peace when it comes to gathers.


It does look pretty, though, in the evening light, all those pins and white fabric.


Today, I'm told by little Miss A, we have to go to 'The Fagric Store' to purchase green 'fagric' for a Tinkerbell costume.  What can I do?  She's the boss...

No comments:

Post a Comment