May 18, 2011

Princess and the Pea - embroidery

One of my favorite 'portable' crafts is embroidery.  I mean, you can whip up something super cute and simple in no time at all.  It is easy to learn a basic backstitch - so I don't want to hear any of my friends complain that they aren't 'crafty' enough to learn to embroider!

I also learned that although you can't bring scissors on an airplane, you CAN bring nail cutters....and they cut thread just fine!

So, in keeping with our 'Princess and the Pea' theme, I purchased this embroidery pattern on etsy from Follow the White Bunny.

The pattern is easy to use and I love the suggestions (not that I'm necessarily following them...).  Here's where I'm at so far:


I will tell you though...I got so excited to work on this project that I sat in one position for several hours - and really hurt my back!  Yep, that's right.  I got an embroidery injury.  Sad but true.

This is the most ambitious embroidery pattern I've ever done....so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment